Thursday 2 April 2009

Getting stuck in!

Well....i've been in the North East now for the best part of  two years, and much as i moan about missing home i do absolutely love being here.

Coming to Sunderland was a massive culture shock for me, i come from a tiny village in the middle of nowhere in Norfolk. My primary school had less than sixty pupils and in my village everyone knows everything about everyone. 

When i first suggested to my family that i wanted to not only do public relations as my degree but also come to the North East to study i have to say they didn't seem to keen. 

However, on my Open Day it was sunny in Sunderland and everything looked fantastic. I got out of the car and fell in love with the place. My mum took a little longer to convince, i was so far away from home. 

Being four and a half hours from home, and having to spend the best part of £60 on a train ticket home it looked like i'd be spending a lot of time in Sunderland. I had to throw myself into University life and be busy doing things all of the time. 

Fortunately i instantly loved my course and got involved with the student radio station as soon as i felt i knew enough about the area. 

Much as i am teased for my southern accent in the Sunderland, being a southerner in this place is fantastic. 

Don't get me wrong i miss home everyday, i miss walking in the countryside and the beach and all my home comforts but Sunderland is and i hope will continue to be a fantastic place to study.

Miss B

photo.php.jpg


Home is most definitely where my heart is!


http://www.sandringhamestate.co.uk/  - Take a look, go and visit, i guarantee you will realise why i love the place so much.

2 comments:

  1. It is rare to the words 'Sunderland' and 'fantastic' in the same sentence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha i agree with you Lee. Miss Benefer, i am so very happy that you love being in the North East, however Newcastle is soo much better lol. You have one year left in Sunny Sunders and when you leave sunderland will not be the same. You have brought your southern charm up North and we are still the original PR ppl mwah x x

    ReplyDelete