Tuesday 28 April 2009

Deadlines, Deadlines, DEADlines!

Well, it's come to the time of year when all us students have so many deadlines it's hard to know where to start. 

I am most definitely at that point. With a new loan and having not seen my university friends in nearly a month. It is even harder to find the motivation to actually do the work. I love my course, i love talking about how to do things I love the practical parts like blogging but the essays just seem to drag. I know we all have to do them but at the moment it just seems like a huge expanse of words that will never help me as much as all the practical work i would far rather be doing. 

I guess this is part of the reason why i am so looking forward to doing my practical project.

I have just completed my second year placement and have to say I really enjoyed it. Getting involved in a real PR agency and being in an office environment has taught me so much. 

It is certainly very different to what we are taught in our lectures and seminars, the briefs we are given for assessment are so detailed when in reality this is entirely different. I was given the task of writing a news release with only a very brief description of what sort of style the company wanted to go for and exactly what sort of company they were. Obviously this was harder for me because i had no idea of the sort of clients the business dealt with.

But, it has taught me that the reality of working in a PR agency compared to all of the work that is coming my way at the moment is very different. 

Anyway, that's it from me, back to the essays!

Miss B 

1 comment:

  1. hey that so true where never soon the real stuff at uni, just an idea but as least with placements we do glad you had a fun one. speak soon

    ReplyDelete